Join this national event, with Debenham litterpickers!! Just an hour or so making our roads, streets, footpaths, ditches and lanes clean and beautiful, protecting wildlife and reducing plastics reaching the sea on Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th September.
You can collect grabbers, hi-vis vests, bin bags and protective gloves from Joy Walton at 6 Cross Green IP14 6RW.
The equipment can be returned to 6 Cross Green, or kept by you for year round picking up- many people in the Debenham community have been doing this for over 5 years!!
Email email@example.com, ring or text 07427 739552 , to register.
Guidance for Volunteers working as individuals, pairs or in small groups up to 6.
- Individuals shielding, in ‘at risk’ groups or displaying symptoms (or in contact with those with symptoms) or advised to self-isolate ,should not litter-pick.
- Use your own protective gloves if possible.
- Wash hands before and after at home or nearby w/c facilities.
- Carry hand sanitiser if you have access to some.
- Stay at least one metre from fellow volunteers and members of the public.
- Be very aware of traffic, ditches, hedgerows, fences, animals and any other hazards. Keep yourself and others safe! Children should litter pick with adults, ‘off road’.
- Don’t pick up sharps-report them to me to collect.
- Don’t open any bottles or other containers. Report hazardous waste to me.
- Don’t pick up heavy items-report fly tipping to me and I will alert BMSDC.
- Litter should be bagged up tightly in bin bags and binned at your home or placed at the brick wall , Cross Green end of St Mary’s churchyard.BMSDC will collect the bags asap.
- If taking a grabber home at the end of a clean-up, please sanitise before storing.
To everyone who picks up,THANK YOU !! You are part of ‘UK litter picking groups’ (see Facebook page) CPRE Litter action and Keep Britain Tidy team, refusing to accept the trashing of our world!!!